GG Microblading Aesthetics
My philosophy on eyebrows has always been to enhance each individual naturally according to your own face shape. I will never use a template. Together we will decide on what works best for you.
CERTIFIED MICROBLADING + OMBRÉ BROW ARTIST
100% DISPOSABLE, + HYPOALLERGENIC MATERIALS
ILLINOIS HEALTH DEPARTMENT LICENSED
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS CERTIFIED
In college, I studied fine arts at The Art Institute of Chicago. Throughout school, I worked in the cosmetic industry as a Makeup Artist. It was the perfect fit since I was able to take my talent of drawing and painting to life through makeup artistry. As an artist, I knew the importance of eyebrows as it’s a persons most prominent feature. The brows accentuate the eyes, shape of the face and play a powerful role in communication.
With perseverance and many years of experience, I became the National Director/ National Makeup Artist for 3 major luxury cosmetic brands throughout the years. I’ve been fortunate to travel the world working runway/ fashion shows, high end photo shoots and have worked on many celebrity faces along the way.
After 15 years in the beauty industry, I decided to enter the medical field to get a better understanding of the multiple up and coming cosmetic procedures including microblading. During my 9 years working in a successful medical practice, Microblading became especially enticing to me since I had a personal need to achieve fuller looking brows due to my early years of over tweezing. With my strong makeup artistry skills and my knowledge of proper sterilization, I’ve found my true passion and calling as a Microblading Specialist.
Want to Join our SMS Loyalty Program for Promotions & Announcements?
Text the word: Gigi to Phone Number 71958 to join today!
Message and data rates may apply. Up to 25 message/month. Reply HELP for help or STOP to cancel at any time. Click for Terms and Privacy.
FAQ & Info
Microblading is a type of eyebrow architecture. It’s all about creating the best shape for each face- a different approach for each individual client.
The process is very precise thanks to the tool that is used. It’s effective like a pen with the tip being a sloped blade with 10-14 tiny needles. The needles don’t penetrate the skin but just delicately scratch the surface, much like a paper cut.
The needle very finely implants featherweight strokes with medical grade pigments on the epidermis layer for the skin, creating realistic and natural hair strokes.
Clients are welcome to bring images of the brows you like or come in with the brow makeup you normally wear on a day to day basis- but I’ll suggest the color and shape to use from my many years of experience.
I’ll look at your hair color, eye color and skin tone using the Fitzpatrick Chart to ensure the correct color pigment choice.
I’ll measure your eyebrows using a microblading ruler to help choose the perfect shape of your brows which is individual to each client. Based on this, I’ll freehand the final shape.
Microblading should not be painful, especially if the proper numbing procedure and ointment are applied. It also depends on the skill of the microblader. The more skilled, the less discomfort one should feel.
1. I will shape the eyebrows by tweezing your existing eyebrows in preparation for the treatment.
2. Numbing- this will take about 30-40 minutes by using a topical ointment. While the ointment is taking its effect, I’ll show you color swatches and together we’ll discuss the best shade for your desired look.
3. Around 10 minutes before the numbing cream takes full effect, I’ll begin measuring around the area your brows.
4. I will begin with the microblading pen implanting pigment using featherweight strokes to achieve the look of natural brow hair.
5. Lastly a final layer of pigment is placed for a minimun of 5 minutes to settle into the featherweight strokes.
Touch up sessions are scheduled for 4-6 weeks out from your initial appointment. It will be the same process as the initial microblading session only this time I’ll add further strokes and darker pigment if needed.
With appropriate care, microblading should last between 12-18 months (please be wary if some say that it will last up to 3 years). The longevity of the pigment will depend on your lifestyle and skin type. People that are slightly more oily will tend to fade closer to the 12 month mark, while normal skin types can last closer to 18 months.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior to the service, or have a sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Do not have botox 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an Aspirin or Ibuprofen for pain relief (these also thin the blood)
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.